11 start-ups and companies are selected as part of the Impact China 2021 program led by Bpifrance and Business France. Objective: to accelerate their deployment in China. The names of the participants and the details of the support program were unveiled on Monday July 19, 2021. Tech and Cleantech are in the spotlight of this new edition.
A 100% digital edition
The aim is to help start-ups to better identify business opportunities in China and then to confirm them, in particular through appointments. The program has been redesigned for this fifth year of existence due to the health context. For starters, this 2021 edition is 100% digital. An obligation due to the constraints of access to Chinese territory. And it also wants to be more modular “to respond even better to the characteristics and ambitions of each of the companies supported”, explains Bpifrance.
A first bootcamp took place in order to raise the awareness of the start-ups “to the challenges of industrial property, inter-culturality, legal issues, communication tools specific to the Chinese market or the specificities of human resources management” . Subsequently, start-ups will be able to test their development strategy by obtaining meetings with previously identified prospects.
“The Impact program has been designed to enable companies to respond to the challenges of the Chinese market and to accelerate their development in this high-potential market, via this year a digital program to meet the challenges of the health situation”, commented Eric Morand, director of the Tech & Services department of Business France, in a press release. Overall, since the launch of this program, 60% of the start-ups concerned have established themselves in China less than 6 months after their participation.
The 11 selected start-ups
- Medical World: the e-learning platform is aimed at medical and paramedical training institutes and hospital groups so that students and teams can master English in their work.
- CopSonic & Chitec (in Asia) : develops a proximity communication technology, allowing secure information exchange by ultrasound via the speakers and microphones of all electronic devices (PCs/Notebooks, tablets, smartphones, voice assistants, kiosks and Smart TVs). This solution is intended to be complementary or alternative to those of QRCode, NFC, BLE, or biometrics.
- Eco-Tech Ceramic: the industrial ecology engineering company has designed a heat accumulator, the Eco-Stock, which captures, stores and recovers waste heat at high temperature by releasing it in the form of hot air, hot water , or even to transform it into cold or electricity.
- Gaussin: the engineering company designs, assembles and sells innovative products and services in the field of transport and logistics
- geodes: creates, develops and publishes entertainment mobile applications, centered on the world of precious stones and jewelry, such as Cœur de Gem and Dazzly.
- Hinfact: the start-up supports OEMs, airlines and pilot training centers with a unique software suite providing objective human factors data for pilot training, design and certification.
- IoTize: the company offers manufacturers a comprehensive, turnkey solution for obtaining functionality to control electronic systems from a mobile phone using wireless interfaces (NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LoRa, etc.).
- Chrono-Safe: the French software publisher specializes in the design and validation of complex critical real-time embedded systems.
- mirSense: the start-up specializes in solutions based on QCL (Quantum Cascade Laser) lasers for the defense and industry/environment markets.
- Nexedi: specializing in publishing free software for the business market (ERP, Cloud, Big Data, vRAN). For example, its Rapid.Space software offers high-performance virtual servers, a cross-border CDN, a data hub as a service for Industry 4.0 and 5G vRAN for mobile private networks.
- Spin-Ion Technologies: is developing a manufacturing process that increases the storage density of digital memories tenfold and reduces their power consumption, all with a concern for eco-responsibility.